A modern, flexible way to learn.
If you’d like to gain a recognised Baby Massage Instructor Qualification but need to learn in a flexible way that works around your family, existing job and other commitments, then you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re exploring new, family-friendly ways of working or you’re an existing pre/postnatal specialist who’d like to extend your service menu to create an additional stream of income, this could be the solution for you.
Baby massage allows for a unique working environment and a chance to nurture, support and positively impact new parents and babies. The Urban Kneads™ Diploma in Teaching Baby Massage will show you how to create this whilst allowing you to learn at a time that is convenient for you.
After passing the diploma course you will hold a recognised qualification allowing you to deliver, safe, effective and fun baby massage classes.
You will achieve this through getting:
- A solid understanding of babies’ anatomy and physiology and the profound effect of massage and positive touch
- A good understanding of baby development and reflexes as well as many of the common issues affecting young babies and new mums (and how to deal with these in your classes)
- A number of strokes and massage routines to confidently deliver a 6 week baby massage course along with the understanding to adapt routines for babies with special needs
- The knowledge to offer specific strokes to help colicky babies
- The ability to identify contraindications to massage and offer appropriate advice
- Skills to work effectively with groups of new mums and babies
You will also get:
- Marketing advice on how to set up your own successful classes and how to repackage your knowledge to maximise your offerings
- Support on the legalities of setting up a business (including licensing, insurance and data compliance) and registering as self-employed
How the Course Works:
The in-person diploma course has been reformatted to take advantage of fantastic, new (and easy to use!) technology as a flexible, online version designed to fit around your childcare, business, time, budget and energy limitations.
The course takes about 20 hours to complete and is delivered entirely online through presentations, PDF documents and videos. The first module is released on the course start date and then subsequent modules are released weekly for four weeks.
Once the coursework is completed there are a number of assessments to pass - in the form of an open-book multiple choice paper, essay questions and practical case studies - to gain your qualification. These normally take around 4 months to complete and submit however the entire course can be completed at your own pace within a maximum 12 month period.
You will be given plenty of support to complete all the assessments and there are also regular “classroom hours” so you can join a live call and have your questions answered. If you can't attend live, these will be recorded and made available in your membership site.
The modules are:
Unit 1 Introduction to Baby Massage
Why babies need touch
The history of baby massage
Benefits of baby massage for babies
Benefits of baby massage for parents
Unit 2a Anatomy & Physiology
The skeletal system
The muscular system
The respiratory system
The circulatory system
The lymphatic system
The urinary system
Unit 2b Anatomy & Physiology
The digestive system
The nervous system
Development from birth – 18 months
Understanding new babies and new mums
Unit 3 Baby Massage Routine
Preparing for massage
Stokes for legs and bottom
Stokes for the chest
Strokes for the tummy including colic routine
Stokes for the face
Strokes for the arms
Strokes for the back
Unit 4 Best Practice & Class Management
Legislation and best practice
Unit 5 Logistics of Running a Baby Biz
Book your place by paying in full or making your first instalment payment.
Pay in full: £375
Your qualification can be combined with the group business mentoring programme option to get you set up to hit the ground running as soon as you qualify. Click here to find out more.